Profile Pic

Profile Pic

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

It's Rabbit Season! (Austin)

Well, it seems the record-setting winter starting off the year is finally waning. To celebrate the forty-plus degree temperatures yesterday, we got the rabbits out into the Redneck Express 2.0 for the first time in 2014. Also, to celebrate, I enjoyed a cigar. I documented yesterday's excursion in the following video.

Today I got them out again, but only one female at a time with Fabio. Georgia, the only doe to have successfully been bred and given birth, wanted nothing to do with the stud. She just ran circles around him until he gave up. Appa, our new black doe, was very social with him and seemed pretty interested in his general company. I think she might have laid properly for breeding a few times, but Fabio just didn't follow up. He's been out of practice for a while.
But the real excitement is with Jane Doe. Remember how I've lamented about how difficult she's been to breed? Well despite playing pretty coy throughout her "recess", she gave Fabio two successful mounts! This might not be as exciting to you as it is to me, but it's really freakin' exciting to me. If Fabio's mounts take and she becomes pregnant, not only can I count on some kits born soon but she'll also cease to be such a difficult breeding stock. I honestly was not expecting so much today but I trust the Lord to guide both myself and the creatures I keep in the timing of our actions. I'll keep y'all posted as I'm able to tell more.

No comments:

Post a Comment