Profile Pic

Profile Pic

Thursday, November 21, 2013

We Did It Again! (Austin)

I know it's been a while, and I owe you a few updated posts on some things. But this one is simple. We just want to announce that Georgia has given birth again! I count six squirming little babies buried in her nesting box and all snuggled together amidst a gratuitous amount of fur. Georgia seems to be taking good care of them so far, so we'll see how this round turns out. It already started out significantly better than the last time, we didn't have to pull any babies out of the cage wire (last time, there were two) and they were all nicely placed in the middle of her nesting box and covered with nesting fur. Whenever anybody goes in to check on them/care for the other rabbits, she always pokes her head in to make sure that they're still there and kicking. So here's hoping this litter survives! Stay tuned, more updates on other things to follow!

Also, I am glad to say that I will be writing a guest post about raising rabbits for www.thesustainablecouple.com, which is another Iowa-based couple striving towards self-sufficiency. Their blog is much more developed than this one and they include stuff like recipes and nifty updates about all sorts of stuff, so feel free to check them out. I will include a link to my guest post once it is published, it should go up on their site sometime in December. I'm really looking forward to it. It's nice to be able to connect with folks nearby and enthuse about our adventures in this new (for me anyway) lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment