Profile Pic

Profile Pic

Friday, August 9, 2013

Log Home Inspiration (Austin)

This will just be a quick post, I promise. If you're wondering about the sudden stop in blog posts, it's because there hasn't been a whole lot of exciting news to report. I just got a part time job, school is about to start up, and the rabbits are finally showing signs of sexual maturity and breeding attempts. That's about it.
But I wanted to share this link because it gives a very good idea of what I envision as far as the log home I want to build the homestead from. Mine won't have the contrasting timber-framing or a second floor at all, but the color and cuts of the logs are pretty much exactly what I plan for and the interiors are gorgeous. Granted, the house in the article has only an outhouse for doing your necessaries, but don't worry; I'm not that determined to be 19th century authentic.
This house is a fully functioning homestead with gardens and livestock on 160 acres. And they built it themselves with no prior construction experience. It took them 30 years, but I am nonetheless inspired by it and know that it can be done much quicker. So without further ado, here is a preview of the type of home I wish my homestead to have.

http://www.loghome.com/off-the-grid-diy-log-cabin/

No comments:

Post a Comment